The Covid-19 pandemic has increased our awareness about our surroundings & the hygiene of shared spaces, particularly when we are out in public. Sanitizing & disinfecting plays an important part in keeping the business open & safe. Here are a few tips for managing common areas in your business building during this pandemic time.
Determine foot traffic specifics:
Each business runs differently & employs its business premises in different capacities. Considering the present pandemic conditions, keeping an eye on busy vs slow periods may be important. Keep in mind these ideas listed below:
- Is the daily foot traffic volume constant? Or, is foot traffic heavier on particular days or certain times?
- Is it only workers entering & exiting the business premise? Or, are there also customers and even different contractors using the building? Do they crowd common areas?
Depending on the volume and type of foot traffic, you’ll be able to positively respond with right cleaning & disinfecting cycles for your common areas. You might want to find out some areas of your commercial building that need hourly disinfection vs other spaces that need only weekly cleaning.
Find out high touch surfaces & use right disinfectants:
Now that you’ve determined who’s entering & existing the business facility, it’s time to recognize regularly touched areas. Common areas that are visited regularly, are more likely to have higher potential germ activity. That’s why it’s critical to clean & disinfect areas like:
- Light Switches
- Refrigerator and Microwave Doors
- Chair Handles
- All kitchenette and dining area touch surfaces
- All bathroom touch surfaces
- Keyboards and mice
- Conference room touchpoints
- Elevator buttons
- Drinking fountains
- Push bars and cabinet handles
Appoint a professional cleaning company to manage common areas:
Daily, weekly and hourly disinfecting is major the responsibility that can hinder your business productivity and distract you from achieving your core goals. Outsourcing commercial cleaning in Morgan Hill CA to a trusted cleaning service like Rivas Janitorial can give you peace of mind.
However, when sourcing a commercial cleaning service, ensure it’s:
- Experienced in commercial cleaning, and using EPA registered cleaning agents & compliant with CDC protocols.
- Equipped with standard operating procedures to offer emergency response for contagious activity.
- Competent of assuring formal lines of communication & being highly responsive.
Here at Rivas Janitorial, we comprehend the significance of cleaning and disinfecting common areas during this pandemic time. Since our introduction, we have been offering professional commercial cleaning in Morgan Hill CA to critical industries like medical offices, retail stores and retirement communities to name a few. Contact us today if you want us to customize a commercial cleaning plan for your business building.